Columbia Gadget Works is a group where people with common interests, usually in computers, technology, or digital or electronic art can meet, socialize and collaborate. They are a group of makers, DIYers, crafters, hackers, builders, circuit benders, garage inventors, living room tinkerers, and basement scientists who like to explore the intersections between science and technology, art and craft.
Located just off the Business Loop at 1404 Grand Ave., Columbia Gadget Works is a hakerspace open to everyone and made for folks who like to learn and collaborate on projects.
Also, check out our Resources page for information about starting a business, how to find a coach, and more.
What Gadget Works offers to members:
- 24/7 access to the space
- Access to shop tools, electronics workbench, and other specialized equipment
- Access to members who know how to use those tools (and can teach you!)
- Able to vote on CGW issues
- Opportunities to lead and guide the direction of the organization
- Edit permissions on the wiki
- Involvement in group projects
- Involvement in the CGW community, including access to members-only chats and forums
- Access to the microwave!
- Collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Access to business workshops and coaching
- PR + social media support for businesses and startups
- Participation in the CRE8 shared branding program for local makers
- For more information: [email protected]