Recognizing that the local community of makers, artisans, crafters, and cooks has a significant impact on our economy, The Loop CID was awarded two national grants to help identify and support local, small-scale manufacturing. The CoMo Cooks Shared Kitchen was a direct recommendation of a public visioning process and is even more critical today given the impact of COVID-19 on the local economy.
CoMo Cooks benefits our community by:
- Encouraging the growth of local food entrepreneurs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities for those without easy access to a commercial kitchen, including those who have been impacted by racial, social, and economic inequality.
- Supporting local and regional farmers by providing cost-effective space to produce value-added products.
- Increasing the economic vitality of the Business Loop by developing a catalytic project that can spur new food-based businesses along the corridor.
- Creating quality jobs that support upward economic mobility for the residents of Columbia and Boone County.
- Providing a space that can be used in the future for business incubation, workforce development, food safety classes, and other training opportunities.
What our kitchen offers:
- Health department certified spaces
- Flexible rental hours + 24 hour scheduling
- Affordable rates and tiered membership levels
- Dry/cold/freezer storage available
- Shared workspace and meeting rooms
- 3 Compartment Sink
- 60 Quart Mixer
- 20 Quart Mixer
- Automatic Dish Machine
- Char Broiler
- Convection Ovens
- Food Slicer
- Hand Wash Stations
- Prep Stations
The Packing House Production Kitchen - New!
We are in the process of outfitting a small-batch production kitchen within CoMo Cooks designed to provide an easy on-ramp for farmers interested in value-added production. Current specialized equipment includes a blast freezer and equipment to slice, chop, grate, and blanch produce. Coming soon: impulse bag sealer, dehydrator, professional blenders, and more.
- Tiered billing for a range of client needs
- Online reservation system for classes
- Collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Access to business workshops and coaching
- PR + social media support for businesses and startups
- Participation in the CRE8 shared branding program for local makers
- For more information, contact kitchen manager Jamie Davis at [email protected] or email [email protected].