The Loop CID and Regional Economic Development Inc are teaming up with other community partners to open a shared commercial kitchen at Mizzou North, known as CoMo Cooks. We will be offering tiered memberships starting at 10 hours a month with hourly fees starting at $17/hour. We're currently working on the kitchen build out and are aiming for an opening in Fall of 2020 but are accepting preliminary applications now--see below!
The CoMo Cooks project will benefit the community by:
- Encouraging the growth of local food entrepreneurs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities for those without easy access to a commercial kitchen, including those who have been impacted by racial, social, and economic inequality.
- Supporting local and regional farmers by providing cost-effective space to produce value-added products.
- Increasing the economic vitality of the Business Loop by developing a catalytic project that can spur new food-based businesses along the corridor.
- Creating quality jobs that support upward economic mobility for the residents of Columbia and Boone County.
- Providing a space that can be used in the future for business incubation, workforce development, food safety classes, and other training opportunities.
All users will be required to have the following:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business registration
- Copy of Driver’s License or other acceptable photo ID
- Seller’s permit/sales tax license
- Permit to operate from the City/County Public Health Department
- Any required food handlers permits or certifications
- Federal, state, and local permits as warranted by business activities
- Liability Insurance and COI covering the kitchen ($1 million minimum)
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance (if additional employees)
- Onboarding class and signed agreement recognizing the kitchen rules
- Deposit of $200
- Other items TBD