Ready to get cooking?
The Loop CID and Regional Economic Development Inc have teamed up with other community partners to open a shared commercial kitchen at Mizzou North, known as CoMo Cooks. We offer a number of tiered memberships starting at only 10 hours a month, storage facilities, on-site workspace, and and even a shared brand you can use.
If you're interested, please fill out the form below. This will help us see where you are in the process--whether you want to set up a tour or if you're not quite ready for the kitchen but have questions about setting up a business, certifications, and so forth. Business coaches are standing by! Also, check out our Resources page for information about starting a business, how to find a coach, and more.
The CoMo Cooks project will benefit the community by:
- Encouraging the growth of local food entrepreneurs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities for those without easy access to a commercial kitchen, including those who have been impacted by racial, social, and economic inequality.
- Supporting local and regional farmers by providing cost-effective space to produce value-added products.
- Increasing the economic vitality of the Business Loop by developing a catalytic project that can spur new food-based businesses along the corridor.
- Creating quality jobs that support upward economic mobility for the residents of Columbia and Boone County.
- Providing a space that can be used in the future for business incubation, workforce development, food safety classes, and other training opportunities.
What our kitchen offers:
- Health department certified spaces
- Flexible rental hours + 24 hour scheduling
- Affordable rates and tiered membership levels
- Dry/cold/freezer storage available
- Shared workspace and meeting rooms
- 3 Compartment Sink
- 60 Quart Mixer
- Automatic Dish Machine
- Char Broiler
- Commercial Food Processor
- Convection Ovens
- Food Slicer
- Hand Wash Stations
- Prep Stations
- Tilt Kettle
- Online reservation system
- Collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Access to business workshops and coaching
- PR + social media support
- Participation in the CRE8 shared branding program for local makers
- Kitchen Manager: Kymberlee Matney, [email protected]
CoMo Cooks Policies
CoMo Cooks Pricing Sheet
Mizzou North Map